View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 10:06 AM   #3082
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Can you list the mods you have installed?

Once I get within a certain range the ships change to their normal color scheme and the smoke turns black again.
What monitor do you have? Because I can see both waves, horizon and bow of boat in your first shot?
Mine were shot at 21:00 and 03:00, yours is at 00:30 - maybe that's enough to make a tiny difference in the darkness.
Using an ATI 5970 and Philips S240 btw.

The colour/smoke thing may be two things.
One could be the change of mipmap detail level as your range closes - or it may be your graphics card switching speed...
The latter can only be solved by some BIOS editing of your card, but the first one may be reduced by changing the clipdistance in the camera.
I totally removed all flickering in TMO 2.1 by using a value of 0.25.

Mods? Besides TMO 2.1 only some slightly 'flavoured to taste' things... but perhaps my scene settings may help you?
For a test it's uploaded here, JSGME ready: http://www.mediafire.com/?sar18n4d8v9m8ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
I might try to suggested MOD from Jan Kyster to see it makes viewing easier.
The "Less glow" mod only reduces the white dots around hulls in water, not changing brigthness.

/edit - just saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
While I have yalls attention, I don't suppose your guys know a way to get 1280x720 in sh4?
You most certainly should use your monitors native resolution! And it is selectable in SH4's Graphics Option...
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote