View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 07:55 AM   #14
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo View Post
I am guessing that the fact that i am running at a native resolution of 2560x1440 on my DELL U2711 monitor along with the SH4 1.5 add-on means the plotter wont work for me?

If so, I am not sure off hand what size textures my ATI Radeon HD 5870 can handle, however i imagine pretty decent size. Does anyone know the best way to upscale one of the lower res versions for use at my resolution and be able to keep it accurate?
Yes you are right. There is no 2560x1440 version, so no other version will be scaled to fit your game resolution.

By trying to make an image for that size of screen resolution I'd guess the thing would be 40; 50MB; maybe more in size. Your computer may be able to handle the extra burden, but realize the original stock image was only a few KB in size. The game (released in early 2007) was never intended to handle the kinds of resolutions we can throw at it today. Your computer may handle the increase in hardware usage (at first) but, lets put a large convoy of ships in motion along with this memory hog of an image and I'm thinking the game will be ready to throw in the towel. Just a guess, I can be wrong.

If you want to try and make an image though, use an application like
PhotoShop with the nVidia plug-in found HERE (you will use the plug-in to make the .dds formated image when your done resizing it). Step 1: Take a copy of the original image and re size (to what???? I don't know, this is trial and error), save the image, and load it into the game. Check the distance out to the 3000 yard distance with the ruler and see what you get. If it doesn't read 3000 go back to Step 1 again. Have fun.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote