View Single Post
Old 03-11-11, 10:06 PM   #23
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Only because Privateer made the flag model. Which, by the way, is alot better then existing conning tower flag mods from SH3/5 in my opinion. Porting it over isn't hard. It's all about node placement. I described how to implement the mod in a thread "I need a much smaller flag" in the fleetboat mod forum. (im too lazy to search and link it)
Yes work has already begun on that front. Thanks to Privateer's model and your instructions even a total S3D novice like myself was able to eventually figure it out :-)

Quote:
Privateer is correct. Lurker will be upset if his work is used without his permission. And i think he does check in from time to time. He simply doesn't post - at all.

I would strongly advise a politely worded PM informing him of your intentions and asking permission to use/continue his work. If he doesn't reply, assume the answer is "No". If he does reply, do not expect more then a yes or no response.
No worries, it's not my (or I hope anyone else's) intention to take over OM or anything like that. I don't have the time or the knowledge needed to do so, even if I wanted to. I'm merely interested in building a few small OM compatible mods around it, mainly for my own sake.

But I do appreciate what you're saying and I will thread lightly regardless.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote