View Single Post
Old 03-09-11, 11:54 AM   #650
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Many thanks, Frau Kaleun!

And I have two questions:

Why you use FM interiors via Commander? I think (only I think), the Interiors only charge with VIIC in game. If I use type IX, the interiors charges in memory?

Do you have some problem with SDL in interiors? I use Thomsen Sounds, this mod have his own SDL file, but I need overwrite the file with the SDL of Interiors, or I go direct to CTD. Eliminate you the FM Interiors' SDL without crashes?

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
You can use the U-boat folders in Commander to enable mods depending on what type of boat you are in, the same way you use the Date folders to enable mods based on the in-game date when you launch the game.

The way I have it set up, FM New Interiors only gets written into the game if I'm playing a Type VII. DD'S Open Hatch gets enabled for a Type IX, and the GWX Open Hatch mod gets enabled for a Type II or XXI.

Using Commander to write the mods into the game as needed for different boats means I don't have to enable/disable them myself should I ever decide to switch boats at some point.

The reason I took the .sdl file out of New Interiors when Commander enables it is because I already have Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2 enabled in the game all the time, since I need it for several other mods that are always enabled as well as New Interiors. I would have it enabled anyway for those other mods, whether or not New Interiors is enabled via Commander; so I don't want the .sdl file from New Interiors to overwrite Aces' combined version.

I did have problems with the file's entry for New Interiors' diesel sounds, I had to set the Doppler factor to zero to get rid of distortion when inside the boat and I turned down the volume a bit. But that's it. I haven't really eliminated the New Interiors .sdl file, the data it uses is included in Aces' Combined version and that's the one I'm using.

I'm not entirely sure but I think the only change New Interiors makes to the game's .sdl file is the entry DD_Engine.DieselEx, maybe if you copied the entry from that mod's file and pasted it into the one from Thomsens Sounds and then used the combined version with both mods running, you would be okay? You might have an .sdl file that is compatible with both mods that way. I'm not familiar at all with Thomsens Sounds, but you could try it and see. You'd need Silent 3ditor to open and edit the file.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote