View Single Post
Old 02-18-11, 02:24 PM   #614
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Another question, though, regarding the Used Ship Names list or whatever it's called - when it looks at names that have been used, does it only look at whether a name has already been used for a ship of the same class, or does the use of a name mean it never gets used again in your career even for ships of a different class?
@ Sailor Steve, et. al. - forget I asked this, I don't need to do the thing I thought I was gonna do to make something work the way I hoped it would work provided the answer to this question turned out to be what I hoped it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffon300
Anything in particular to look out for, or is it just a matter of common sense in eliminating 'obvious' duplications (a bit like with the additional class names lists)?
I recently considered something like this however I am using one of WB's 'extra ships' mods and since he includes modded GWX campaign files as well as extra ships, it occurred to me that some of those warships might be specifically scripted into them in such a way that removing them from data\Sea and whatever roster(s) they were on would cause problems when the game tried to spawn a ship that no longer existed. Same thing with GWX in general, I don't know what if any scripting would be borked by removing certain ships just because they appear to be redundant.

Again I don't know if it's an issue, but I'd make sure that it isn't one before I started deleting ships' folders from data\Sea and their .cfg files from various rosters.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote