View Single Post
Old 02-18-11, 12:24 AM   #611
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffon300 View Post
OK. I give up. After wrestling with now eight abandoned carreers over the last month, I'm calling for help.

I'm running Windows XP Pro (32 Bit, I guess) on a core 2 duo with 2.95GB of RAM, a new mid-range GeForce graphics card & a new sound card.

SHIII+GWX3.0+SHIII Commander+SJGME+some modest sound mods + (initially) MFM3.2 + 1 skins patch. CTD's on loading resolved up until tried to commence patrol in Oct 39 (Patrol 3). Deleted Skins, 16k atmosphere etc etc.

Game played fine, with resume after save no probs, but always refuses to put to sea for 3rd patrol. Deleted skins (Sept). No go. Now deleted MFM & loads & plays fine. BUT THIS IS NOT FINE! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!! HOW DOES SAILOR STEVE STAND THIS!! (I think he is in the same 'boat'.) THIS IS A VIOLATION OF MY HUMAN RIGHTS!! Wahhhhh!!!!

I am going to suggest something, which I will copy across from a SHI thread (because I don't know if enough people will ever see it otherwise - sorry if its not the done thing). Here goes:

Even if someone was to say, "Your system could be upgraded to Windows 7 at modest cost", or "Install more RAM", it may solve the problem. I know that there may be differing advice for different Operating Systems, but I really would like to exhaust all possible practical tweaks to my existing system before I have to start ordering a mega gaming box. (Can't afford that at the moment anyway.)

Regardless of the advice to me and the outcome, I think for other noobs less patient than I, some Hardware/Firmware tweak step-through that is esily available would get players hooked into this great SH Modding world with a whole lot less trauma. I'll be more than grateful for anything you guys have to offer, even if its only sympathy.
I highly recommend only using one of the light versions of the MFM, no skin mods, and a fresh installation. When you use the MFM with GWX you're skating on thin ice because combined the mods have hundreds of units.

Also, I got GWX to work with the MFM on my install by manually deleting a number of units that GWX added that were redundant (for example, the Prince of Wales, Rodney, etc - one model per class is enough). Not sure if you feel comfortable going into the data\sea and roster folders & doing that - if you mess up you can ruin your install - but that's another way to improve stability.

Links to the "light" beta versions are below:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/13794...M_Beta_4_1_rar
http://www.gamefront.com/files/16730...nterim_Beta_7z
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote