View Single Post
Old 02-16-11, 07:55 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I meanwhile have done addtional scans with Malwarebyte'S Anti-Malware in Qucik scan Mode, and an onlince scan via Bit-Defender, both also marking the file as a trojan. So I decided for the kill-solution and deleted it. Follow-up scans by Avira now found nothing anymore.

I also do maintenance for the notebook of my Mom, and have just installed a new one for a friend of my parents, chekcing out his old one first. On all these, and my system as well, Avira Free AntiVir was installed plus free firewalls by Zonealarm or Comodo. No scanning results. I learned the lesson to switch all systems, inclduing mine, to payware Avira Premium Security Suite after learning that tzhe free scanners for example to not guard email traffic (didn't know that before). And immediately on all systems malware was detected, and crtiical internet traffic was blocked and reported.

The difference between the free versions of Virus-Scanners and Firewalls, and payware suites, obviously has been underestimated by me. I would recommend now to everybody to walk on the safe side of the road and always run full versions of according security software, not just free solutions.

I also learned that the Comodo firewall, whcih once was rated as very good, in the recent 12 months or so has found to be extremely leaky (German PC magazine reporting this in a test, I think it was c't). The Comodo firewall, and their scanner as well, was found to be sensationally unsafe.