View Single Post
Old 02-14-11, 01:12 PM   #598
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffon300 View Post
Thanks, Damo, re the neutral. Damn, those British were quick to paint neutral colours on some of their ships! (as of 05/09/39). (Don't worry, I get that the cfg would start dumping British 'neutrals' in straight away.) However, what I don't get is what mechanism is used to apply a neutral skin, like the Norwegians that I encountered, to a BRITISH ship eg M07B. I had believed, till your post, that neutrals, eg M07X, were assigned to the British Roster, not that British ships were re-skinned. And, if that is the case, then they could not have been neutrals, otherwise they would not have been named & shamed in my patrol log...

Re scope descriptions etc, in fact, I don't get any designation with a numerical suffix in my reports or scope ID as I ammended the list some time ago to delete the '07' in 'Medium Merchant 07', from iambl's original englishnames.cfg, to better match the additions coming through that contained no such suffixes. So now, all I get in the scope is "Medium Merchant", where appropriate. I made the decision to harmonise the list so that there was nothing to differentiate the list's original contents from the additions required to give class names to new classes added later. (Of course, had I not done this, I would be able to say definitively whether or not the 'Norwegians' were re-skinned British or re-rostered neutrals, because I could have had Medium Merchant 07B or Medium Merchant 07X.)

Finally, I hate it when people like you cherry pick data. Your pathetic attempt to blame 85.7% of interweb flamewars on lack of eyeball to eyeball egregiously omits the figures for Twitter, Facebook & SMS. Had you done your homework, you would KNOW that the true figure, once these omitted classes are included, jumps to 94.6%! Pax vorbiscum.

Indeed, Robin40, the world would be a terrible place if everyone was just like me.
maybe my post #574 could help you
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote