View Single Post
Old 02-12-11, 01:32 PM   #741
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I always buy used books I can't physically examine with a little caution, expecting them to be a little less pristine than advertised, and consider the prices accordingly. But in this case both books could have been advertised as brand new and I would've been completely satisfied with what I got.

I've gotten so many great deals on good quality books, used and new, from third party sellers there that I almost never buy anything now without looking at all the different formats available and I always check the "also available from these sellers" info to see if there's a really good deal available.
I've had great results buying used books from Amazon as well. I've gotten books marked "Used-Very Good Condition" for as little as a penny with $4 shipping that looked brand new. I've only gotten a couple of books that maybe stretched the limits of "very good condition".
I got a photography book listed as very good condition that looked like it had been dropped in the bath tub. It was readable and did its job, but I sometimes take the descriptions of the condition with a grain of salt.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote