View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 07:46 PM   #999
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

hi h.sie

Have noticed an unusual bug/feature since using your mod (now that I've had some decent amoung of time playing with the mod itself active), it seems (ime) to produce extremely unstable savegames - but only if you exit the game; conversely as long as you don't exit it produces rock solid saves under circumstance that would normally ctd.

As I play SH3 on my laptop if I find myself in a position where I need to leave or go to bed (when I'm not going to on my machine for 12+ hours and have a game still in progress I usually turn it off; rather than letting it sit there taxing the cpu and cooling fans needlessly) and exit the game to turn my laptop off. When I go back to play the game and try to resume via my last save 95% of the time the savegame gets corrupted even if I'm in the middle of the Atlantic, 100's of miles from any ship, plane or piece of land. Usual result is having to start the entire patrol over

On the other hand, as long as I have the game on and running the saves that are produced can successfully save in condition that would almost always result in a ctd. Several times I've had to temporarily suspend my game for a few hours and say I'm in the middle of a convoy attack, am submerged and in firing position. I save the game and exit, but still leave SH3 running. When I come back my save works much to my surprise as saving a game while underwater tradtionally has always resulted in a ctd, made even worse with the close proximity to other ships. Normally that would instantly ctd, instead I've been able to resume saves inside harbors, in convoy attacks, inside the convoy lanes, under other ships or even when being actively hunted!

When I exit the game itself (so I can shut my laptop down) no matter where my last save was under any conditions they fail. While the ability to finally save your game in virtually any situation is a miracle in itself, it seems isolated to only while you have SH3 running. Have you/anyone else had problems (same, similar or something different) with loading saved games?
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote