View Single Post
Old 02-02-11, 03:41 AM   #529
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
BTW - I assume the "4G patch" just adds the /awarelargeraddress switch?
Pretty much yeh, the 2 combined seem to be just enough to squeeze the additional resources needed to run a reasonable heavy modded SH3 because....

I'm on patrol now with the full MFM and skins!!!

And this is on an existing career too so I didn't have to start over which is great. On the first load it got to the 'Not so long ago...' screen and crashed but it gave sh3.exe as the culprit and not Kernel.dll (the memory gremlin) so I thought maybe just a hiccup. I restarted Gamebooster again, manually checked Task Manager for anything that could be shut down which only yielded Punkbuster, no idea if that's a memory drain but it seems to run constant, and reset my windows theme to Windows Classic as I know that fancy themes draw memory. Without restarting the PC I tried to load the career again and it worked.

Not sure if it would work while I'm based in Wilhelmshaven due to the extra resources of that mod so that will be something to test at a later date, I'm just glad to be able to continue my career. If I have any issues with any ships I encounter I'll let you know but as they all loaded fine in Museum I don't foresee any issues with the models.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote