View Single Post
Old 01-24-11, 06:43 PM   #730
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Ok, gents - I found a glitch (not that I was looking for one tho!). I ran out of torpedoes and decided to use the deck gun on several helpless merchants... but every single time I get a few rounds into them and they start to burn/blow up - the game freezes - locked up tighter than drum. Must CTRL + ALT + DEL to get out. I have repeated this exercise about 8-9 times with same result.

I thought it might be the shadows mod - checked both the low res version and the remove shadows mods from MO patch 2... no change. Since the game seemed to always freeze when the merchant went up in a fireball - I tried loading "Old Style Explosions V1.1" - and I seemed to make it further along with the game freezing when the red distress flare is launched. Additional checking showed it did not matter if the monitor was displaying the bridge view - or if I was looking at the chart screen... the game locks no matter what at some point during the merchant taking damage.

TDW - I have not tried your workaround because you stated: "Try this only if you have at least 2 GByte of RAM and at your own risk and using Vista/Win7 32 bit version." and I am running XP Pro (I have 4 Gb RAM).

Should I try the workaround anyway? Any other ideas? Below is my mod list (very minimal for testing):

[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Touch up for Capthelm's Audio
Arclight_MRP5.4
Patrol Routine Scripts v. 01.02 by AvM
SD_MapCourseLine_tiny_arrows_ocred
Old Style Explosions V1.1

Any help appreciated... love the mod so far!

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"

Last edited by Akula4745; 01-24-11 at 07:02 PM.
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote