Old 01-18-11, 06:46 AM   #930
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@Magic1111 & Makman:

If you interrupt a crash dive (by setting a new depth) before the sub reaches his crash dive depth (70m?), you may lose the control over the sub - the sub is hanging there aslope with an angle of about 10 degrees. This bug mainly occurs in NYGM, I assume, because of the negative bouyancy used in that supermod. Search the NYGM thread for details.

The reason for this bug is, that the quick-diving-tank is not emptied correctly when you interrupt a crash-dive. The positive buoyancy in GWX seems to hide/compensate this effect, but it will be visible e.g. when compartments are flooded.

The fix from Stiebler and me empties the quick-diving-tank in this situation.

If V15E is done, I'll tell more details about the changes.

h.sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Evidently Makman and Magic do not use NYGM. Allow me to recommend that you both try it.

The crash-dive blues occurs when you order a crash-dive; then, *before the crash-dive has completed*, you order a new depth. For example, if your crash-depth depth is 80m, you click on the depth gauge for 150m before the U-boat reaches about 60-70 m.

This causes the U-boat to dive to 150m at an angle. We know now that this angle is caused because the quick-dive tank has not emptied. The quick-dive tank only returns to its normal level when the crash-dive is complete.

It is very hard to control the U-boat at any depth at slow speed, when it floats at an angle.

This is especially noticeable with NYGM, because of its anti-hover mod (no U-boat can hover underwater, it needs forward speed to maintain depth on the hydroplanes.) However, it is also noticeable with stock SH3.

The situation is different with GWX, which has a deliberate buoyancy - the U-boat tries to rise at slow speeds. This is not accurate, though.

Before H.sie's fix, the only way to stop the crash-dive blues was to rise to above the crash-dive depth (for example, rise from 150m to 50m), then crash-dive again, in order to empty the tank. Probably all players of NYGM (and perhaps of stock SH3, Rub, Aces, LivingSH3 etc) have learned this fact the hard way!

[Edit: Ooops. I see that my post has clashed with that of H.sie, who made his post just one minute before mine.]

Stiebler.
@ h.sie and Stiebler: Many thanks for clearify !

Best regards,
Magic