View Single Post
Old 01-13-11, 03:25 PM   #459
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
The names are already in the ShipNames.cfg file, listed by Class below the [CLASSMAP].

If there is a list of names there for a ship class, you do NOT need an entry in the [CLASSMAP] in order for Commander to assign names to ships of that class when you sink them. Commander will do so automatically if you have selected the Real Ship Names option and updated your Personnel File after completing a patrol and before opening the patrol log.

If there is NOT a list of names there for a particular class, but there IS an entry in the [CLASSMAP] for that class which maps it to another class that does have a list of names provided for it, then when you sink a ship of that class Commander will use a name from the list the class was mapped to in [CLASSMAP].

The ONLY time you need to add an entry to the [CLASSMAP] is when a class does not have a dedicated list of names in the .cfg file, and does not already have an entry in the [CLASSMAP] mapping it to a class that does.

For instance, if Steve has listed 600 ship names in a section for class M01A, and you put "M01A=GenericMerchantsAndTankers" in the [CLASSMAP], every time you sink a ship of that class Commander is going to use only the list of names under GenericMerchantsAndTankers instead of using the list already provided for M01A. You have essentially taken all those names out of the running by directing Commander NOT to use them but to use the names for GenericMerchantsAndTankers instead.
That's non right imho

There is no list already provided for M01A in the Ship Names cfg....that's why I put "M01A=GenericMerchantsAndTankers" in the [CLASSMAP]

Otherwise SH3Commander doesn't recognize M01A, as I realized when I sunk MFM merchants and I got M01A with no info in the patrol log
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote