View Single Post
Old 01-12-11, 06:59 PM   #119
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

Hi to you and thanks for your considered reply - in short I hav'nt played either, no critisism of the developers, or the players.

In a nutshell, to my mind, a post WW2 sub sim is going to be based on modern naval warfare which is very much a push button kind of thing - Prior to the end of WW2, no matter what field, be it air, naval or land you pretty well had to get up close and personal, and eyball your oponent before you killed them or they did for you, and this for me is the challenge of a sim.

And I kind of agree with you re Sci Fi or role play - the thing is I enjoy games like Flashpoint, or Armed Assault or Aliens V's Preditor or Vietkong, because even though they are besed on more modern concepts of warfare, there is still the element of hunting and eyballing your oponent - I just dont see how this can happen with a sim based on ballistic or wire guided technology -

These games you mention no doubt have some great stuff in them but ultimatly you press a button and something dies....a long way off. I know this is a generalisation but I think you get what I mean - For this reason though I quite like air warfare sims, I never bothered with Falcon 4.0, though I did experiment with a couple of helecopter sims, essentially dont really bother a sim covering combat later than the Korean for the reasons stated above.

Any way to each their own.... I still hold out a hope that some one will publish a game such as I mentioned.

I'm sorry for the brioght yellow - was an accident following a spell check and not an attempt to attract undue attention

Best Regards

Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Have you played Dangerous Waters or SC Rascal?

I don't think you have nor have you tried playing the game.

If we were to use your argument then we would not see science fiction and more, the majority of games from racing, to rpg, to action, to first person shooter, to strategy would not be published.

Sub Command or Dangerous waters are not simulating real events nor do they try to do that but the platforms are what they're trying to simulate.

Falcon 4.0 would not be successful either had the point of your argument was valid. Now don't mistake me being rude but that's just how I view it.

And certainly there's no need to highlight your entire posting into yellow to make them noticeable. And I'm not howling at you. You just did that to yourself :-D
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote