View Single Post
Old 01-12-11, 10:27 AM   #105
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye T. Bai View Post
Meh, firing deck cannons from a surfaced diesel sub at merchant ships just can't compare to tracking an enemy SSN on a waterfall display, classifying it and wire guiding a torpedo to the target.

Besides, there's already an arseload of WWII submarine games on the market, too many to count. It's not everyday you come across a decent modern naval simulator or even an arcadey one at best. The last decent modern naval game (Dangerous Waters) was made around seven years ago. The last WWII submarine game (Silent Hunter V) was released around seven months ago.

I think I can say safely that most of the modern naval simulator players are hungry for something- even anything at this stage.
I want a modern nuke subsim...I tell SUBSIM: a sub simulator, not a game. With all the (authorized) systems simulated, global navigation, crew management, ports and bases, weather transitions, DC and comunications.

A dream, of course, but...if we have flightsims with good simulator qualities, why not a submarine simulator?. I like a "Subsimulator"!!!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote