View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 06:26 PM   #91
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Well,

adding my own 2cts ...

What I love about DW and what convinced me to endure the steep learning curve was the fact that I had the choice to play in something else besides a submarine. I started out with the P3 and Helo and still prefer both of em over any of the other platforms.

So please ... include something else besides submarines.

However what I would love to see in the next game ...
  • Improved 3d Graphics and updated models but please spare me the walkable sub or ship or whatever. 2d stations like in DW or its predecessors are quite fine with me. Btw. while nice to have, this feature is not really important.
  • A well documented and powerful scripting as well as an equally powerful doctrine language.
  • An easily editable and well documented database (maybe even an API for accessing it)
  • Proper physics both in and out of the water.
  • A stable multiplayer platform with proper dedicated server support and maybe even the ability to jump in and out of running games (thus opening the way to persistent games)
  • In other words - please provide us with a stable framework with some basic content which the community then can expand upon.

This certainly can offer you guys some interesting ways of making money with your game ... for example with further paid DLC - like a new playable unit. There are certainly more ways and some of them have already been mentioned in this thread.
Cheers OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote