Thread: Tank Battles
View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 08:06 AM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default First impressions

Xaron I installed your sim but what is not clear is what are we expected to do with it? There are only 2 tanks and all you can do is move one of them around????

1) the gunsight is too arcade type with those red crosses above the gun.They remind me too much of Panzer Elite Action , a mediocre arcade type shooter disguised as a sim.In order to have a SIM you need to have a real gunsight activated from inside the tank.In fact you need inside views so it feels like a real simulation and you feel like you're sitting inside a real tank.

2) Some kind of text/instructiosn would be appreciated so testers know what your tank can do.I had to find the controls by myself. I couldn't shoot not sure if its even possible????

3) You landscapes need detailling and more variety and so do your tanks.I am sure you still at the early stages but you've got lots of work ahead of you to make it into a sim.

Otherwise the tank moves fine although I couldn't find the reverse speed.It's a good beginning but it's hard to say much given the embryonic state of your game.

Hope I didn't discourage you but you are embarking on a tough journey as sims have become so much realistic and fans ever so demanding.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote