View Single Post
Old 01-10-11, 06:17 PM   #62
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I don't have a problem with the elimination of mysticism. The only truly useful spells in the school were soul trap and dispel. Dispel could easily be added to restoration and soul trap to conjuration.

One thing that I liked in New Vegas was that, unlike both Oblivion and Fallout 3, there was no scaled leveling. You can go north from Goodsprings if you want, but thar be deathclaws, regardless of level. It makes things far too easy if they wait until I am good and ready before hitting me with land dreughs and brown bears, so I am disappointed by its inclusion.

I'm also okay with the dynamic quest thing. It has always seemed strange to me that, if playing a mage, a group of warriors who are better armed than I seek my aid in rescuing a friend of their's. It also seems strange that, as a warrior, the Mages Guild would simply take me in despite my clear lack of arcane knowledge, and would allow me to advance all the way to the position of Archmage by simply hacking and slashing. It would be odd as well if either group wanted anything to do with me if I was a vampire. It seems that Bethesda is trying to fix those inconsistencies.

The new combat system sounds promising, and I have always liked level perks, which sounds like a good import from the Fallout universe.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote