View Single Post
Old 01-08-11, 03:11 PM   #268
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
Well, it's extremely dirty as some animations are screwey, the hatches don't work, but just for some eye candy I did this-

I created the dir structure for a new mod, copied the original OM NSS_Uboat7 interior folder to it, copied from 9D2 Interior/NSS_Uboat9 all the files to the new interior/NSS_Uboat7 dir renaming all the NSS_Uboat9_*.* to NSS_Uboat7_*.*, and removing the originals that would've been overwritten to a holding directory for storage (these are NOT used in the game) I also kept the original files that were NOT overwritten from the original OM.

I also copied from the 9D2 mod the Textures/Tnormal folder/files to the new mod, enabled the whole mess with JSGME and ran the game.

As an experiment, I removed this new mod and installed the original SH3 FM_NewInterior mod using only the interior folder and the animations. This mod gave me a whole new control room, all the 9D2 rooms as well as en engine room but NO animations worked, NO crew, weird lighting, and NO clickable items.

All-in-all I can see why there are only a handfull of ship modders as the work to make this completely workable appears enormous, but I'm willing to help if someone wants to try and meld Flakmonkeys and Duci's work into a playable type 7 boat, but I believe there's more type 9 fans out there so I'll likely go it alone for my own entertainment/learning experience unless I can get a ship builder involved that loves the type 7 (animations are my weak area).
Many thanks, IŽll try it. Interesant the question about FM Interiors from SH3!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote