Thread: Steam Help
View Single Post
Old 01-04-11, 10:08 PM   #1
JonBradbury
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Steam Help

Hi everyone, I'm new here having bought the game during the Steam sale. I bought SH3 SH4 and SH4:U-Boat. I've been playing the first two vanilla so far no problems. Went to launch U-boat and now very confused.

So here's the deal I would launch SH4 all goes fine, I get the Ubi logo, the poem "fly envious time..." then the Silent Hunter loading splash and into the menu.

I launch SH4:U-boat and same thing happens, Ubi logo, "fly envious time..." then Silent Hunter U-Boat loading splash. After the menu comes up as normal but no where can I do anything German. I can start a new career at Pearl or Asiatic, or load my normal SH4 US career.

I go back double check SH4 launch it up and now the SH4 loading splash screen is gone replaced with the U-boat screen, but still SH4 menu and saves. I saw someone in another thread suggest renaming the SH4 folder in documents, I tried that but nothing happened.

I've not tried anything else yet, currently backing up both games see if I can't un/re-install and have it fix itself. Just curious if anyone knows what's going on here or know what to do.

*****Update. OK so I deleted the local files for both SH4:U-Boat. Tried to launch SH4 but got "this game is unavailable" warning. Uninstalled SH4 as well. Reinstalled both and verified the game file cache for both [u-boat had 720 files corrupted and reacquired... maybe that was the issue?]. Launched U-Boat and now have a U-Boat campaign option available. Also noticed it's now version 1.5 when it had been 1.3 before. So in case anyone runs into a similar problem try that.

Last edited by JonBradbury; 01-04-11 at 11:04 PM.
JonBradbury is offline   Reply With Quote