Thread: Radio msg.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-05, 05:53 PM   #2
zma
Seaman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Start and end times are only used to limit the time when the trigger can be completed. If you haven't provided any additional criteria for the trigger, it will activate at the earliest possible time.

I can't think of an elegant solution to this one. However, this could work: make a dynamic group of neutral vessels, and attach destination triggers to each. Specify a different start time for each destination trigger, and make the destination radius so big that the trigger will activate no matter where the attached vessel is in the map. Finally, specify that one (and only one) of the vessels in the dynamic group is created. Now you could use the destination triggers to send a radio message, and the message would be sent at some specified, random start time. Bonus: if you use a script for actually sending the message, you don't have to write the msg to each of the triggers.

I haven't tested this, but I think it could work. By the way, in case you are wondering, the triggers in a dynamic group have to be attached to a vessel, because "standalone" triggers, even in a dynamic group, would always be created.
zma is offline   Reply With Quote