View Single Post
Old 12-20-10, 05:31 PM   #736
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@LGN1: No, the rpm is so low, that it isn't reduced when ordering silent-running. So rpm is unchanged. If I see things right, DP MAINLY depends on Silent-Running and engines rpm, but not (directly) on torpedo reloading.

New discovery:

If I reduce distance to destroyer from 2000m to 1800m, stealth meter is orange/brown even without engines running. Nice balance. Color does not change if I allow/disallow torpedo reloading by moving crew in/out of torpedo rooms. But it gets green when I order silent running.

If I reduce distance to destroyer to 1600m, stealth meter is dark-red even without engines running. So for this distance and lower there is no need for additional repair sound, because you'll be detected soon even without it. But stealth meter gets green when I order silent running.

So if I see things right, it would be nice to have a effect of repairs sound for longer distances > approx. 1800m.

I could give you my test mission for own testing.

One thought: I think life is hard enough for Kaleuns, especially in GWX, so I fear to make it even more harder. And I also think, the GWX and NYGM team spent many time in fine-adjusting sensor balance, and so I fear to break that, at least as long as I don't fully understand how things work.

But I'll not give up so fast.

Last edited by h.sie; 12-21-10 at 03:52 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote