View Single Post
Old 11-24-10, 06:02 AM   #586
Yoriyn
Planesman

Downloads: 154
Uploads: 0

After testing new EnvSim.act on clear SH3 installation in campaign mode I can say:
- weather changing intervals for my XP/32bit is 1:33hour, so every one and a half hour weather change.

I don't see the point to making mess in game weather algorithms and change wind behavior. Weather behavior is different, and depends on your location on the map, season of the year and more. So we have different weather on North Atlantic and different on South or Mediterranean sea. Bad weather on North Atlantic is very common. I just finish reading a Jost Metzler book (one of the u-boat captain in WWII), and on all his three patrols on the North atlantic he had heavy storms.

In this moment stock game have weather changing intervals is 33-34hours. In reality weather change more often, almost all the time. So after 33h we have a chance to weather change, even if the wind do not change the fog, rain, clouds can. So changing weather intervals to 12-16h reduce fog duration to 12-16h instead 33-34h, without messing in algorithms.

If the fog change in second or third weather interval this give you:
33h interval - second interval after 66h (2,5days of constant fog) - third interval 99h ( more then 4days constant fog or rain etc)
12h intervals - secind interval 24h (give us only day with fog or rain) - in third interval 36h (1,5 day still ok for me)

My filefront mods link
To Battle Station order mod for SH3 and more
Yoriyn is offline   Reply With Quote