View Single Post
Old 11-19-10, 12:15 PM   #93
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Next patch is available: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...26#post1032326

The one thing that jumped out at me most:
Quote:
* Dynamic weather generation is added
Quote:
I must prevent you, guys, from overestimating the feature you can use in Beta 3.
The new features is only a few discreet steps forward.

Dynamic weather in its first step will allow to have several baric systems (cyclones and anticyclones) placed in random but statistically based places. This instantly gives true wind and pressure distribution including altitude and near-ground wind directions. Clouds density will vary regarding real meteorological laws (in general of course.) Unfortunately, we can not graphically represent the areas of overcast, so you can only see different density of common type 1 clouds .

Later we plan to create front line (lines) in correspondence with the pressure distribution and decorate it with becoming clouds and airflows like squall (do not ask for tornado please - we could but what will you do with it?)

The unhoped-for feature is that this new feature is very processor friendly so I think nobody will notice the difference in fps

P.S. Baric systems will move as they must move but it has sence only during long missions.

Really shaping up to be an amazing piece of work. It already was, but it keeps getting better.

* ah, just a note though:
Quote:
It has been acknowledged that the Beta 3 patch has issues. It has further been stated that an updated Beta 3 base version and patch will be released as soon as reasonably possible. It has also been advised that those currently experiencing issues exercise a wee bit of patience and wait for the release of the updated installers. In the interim revert to Beta 2 or another stable install.

Contritium praecedit superbia.

Last edited by Arclight; 11-19-10 at 12:25 PM.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote