View Single Post
Old 11-02-10, 05:30 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair15 View Post
What submarines come in the add-on that are playable?
As Sledgehammer said, with Op Monsun you get all the same boats that are in SH3, and a great campaign.

Quote:
Do the Kriegsmarine Grid-Maps show up on the maps station (F3) overlapping the original Lat/Long format?
Yes, and the closer in you zoom, the more specific the location. You can see when you are in AN1836, for example.

Quote:
I've had the nerve to venture out into the Atlantic, and sometimes even use the Mission Editor to put me there. When I send a status report it says I'm in Grid Square DQ19 etc.; will I be able to see where these Grids actually are once I have the mod? I'm on 1.4 by the way.
Yes.

Quote:
Periscope Zoom Settings, Angle on Bow, Torpedo Spread:
Now we all know the stock version of these lack terribly in helping us destroy our targets. I've found it difficult to identify targets at long range with the stock periscope, my XO is terrible at determining correct Angle on Bow even with extremely long amounts of time to figure it out, and the spread knob has to be turned each time I fire a torpedo. Are these fixed in the Add-On?
There are mods that make periscope view that fill the whole screen. As for Officer assistance, to my knowledge SH4 doesn't have that function.

Quote:
Running At Depths below 550 Feet:
It seems that no matter what submarine you use, you can't dive below this level and hover the ship. If you aren't moving at a minimum engine speed of 2/3, the ship continues sinking. Is that issue repaired as well?
Real WW2 submarines couldn't hover. At very slow speeds they tended to sink. That said, I've never seen that happen in SH4, at least not in OM. What mods have you been using in the Pacific?

Quote:
Now, I know what you're thinking "Man, nothing's ever good enough for this guy,"
I was thinking nothing of the kind. In fact, you're post is on the short side for what I see around here sometimes.

Quote:
About SH5:
Yes, the SH5 platform seems to be the best available, but there are still those of us who refuse to buy it as long as the DRM is attached. My internet connection comes and goes, but even if it was perfect I see this thing as being immoral.

Quote:
We could add more submarines (since the Type 7C is what we are stuck with),
People are trying.

Quote:
we could add more missions and expand the game even further,
People are trying.

Quote:
Summary: Original intent was to inquire about whether U-Boat Add-On was a good buy or not and to throw around some ideas.
http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-...8736926&sr=1-1

SH4+UBM fully patched and ready to go, for a very good price.