View Single Post
Old 11-02-10, 07:02 AM   #127
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Beta 1.5

My feeling Sledge is that the Alpha release may not come at all as I expected it would. Reading the threads of the Avia forum where the modders are active and I am getting the feeling that they are going to produce patches and fixes for the little bugs and then gradually release new missions ( piecemeal?) for the new vehicles :Elefant, Panther, T28, JS2 1944, T34/43, Jagdpanther etc.in the forms of mini campaigns or single missions and eventually new user-made missions will sprout. If I were you I wouldn't wait too much for an Alpha release and just downlaad the beta release and the patch and fixes.

To the resources I'll add my own common resolution and modified tech-cfg files for those who want to correct glaring errors in German and Soviet tank, guns and ammo specs. I have modified (corrected) armour thickness, quality, ammo load for the Tiger I,II,Panther ausf. D and T34/85 and T34/7r( German beutepanzer T34/76). My specs are the result of research from several sources.They make the German tanks stronger as per reality and the T34/85 not as strong (still potent) but as it really was. there was an interesting exchange on the Avia forum yesterday about a guy asking how whether the German hit coefficient - set at 0.1 compared to 0.3 for Soviet tanks - was not understated.The answer was " this is the value that was set by the developers in the original game").This would tend to reinforce my belief that the developers, as good patriots, might have wanted to skew the game in favour of their side.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote