View Single Post
Old 10-30-10, 09:40 PM   #2719
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Wilcke,

Thanks for the response. I figured out both problems The black screen on the sonar station was because I was using a camera.dat file from TMO1.9. Replaced it back with OM one and it fixed it. The deckgun just wasn't loaded, as you pointed out.

Got a gameplay question now. Do AI merchants have eagle eyes in OM? I am getting detected almost every time by merchants about 10 seconds before I fire. This is enough time for them to take evasive action and throw off the solution. It seems a bit ridiculous. Some of these detections have been at dawn when they really shouldn't have the ability to see me.

I'm running OM (without OMEGA), 1940, in a type 7 out of Kiel. I'm usually between 500 and 1300 meters distance from target track. I'm not overexposing my periscope either because I'm using constant bearing method. I don't raise it until the ship is almost at the firing line in my scope but when I do they detect and evade almost every time. Seems like this is excessive. Anyone else have this issue?
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote