Old 10-14-10, 05:17 PM   #309
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi h.sie and all,

it seems that the usage of compressed air after ordering crash dive is actually modeled in SH3 It seems the devs included this!

Just dive and blow ballast so that your compressed air is reduced a bit (you have more than the dial shows. So, with a full compressed air tank you do not see if a small amount is used). Now when the dial is not max. order a crash dive and watch the compressed air dial. Close to the final depth, the dial moves So, it seems the three main sources for compressed air usage are indeed modeled in SH3: blow ballast, complete surface, and after a crash dive It seems the devs did things better than we (at least me) thought in the beginning

And the best thing: If you order a new depth before you level out, no compressed air is used, but you suffer from the crash dive blues in NYGM,...

It seems everything fits perfectly. Untertriebszelle is indeed modeled!

Cheers, LGN1
That is good to know! i never noticed any of these behaviours (and neither pay full attention on the matter too). But some comments: the crash dive blues isn't present on stock sh3 or any other mod than NYGM and it's a colateral effect from the hummerbird mod, not a mod itself, almost a bug, so it can't count as a feature for all.

Also just left the CA as it is now isn't that good, this is why we bring this issue to the discussion.

I just want to reaffirm that something must be done to make CA issue more realistic and challenge (obviously if, in the end, h.sie yet have the time and motivation to make it). Perhaps just making all the above more sensible, more visible to the player? Maybe if we make the dial shows correctly even any small CA consume since the begginning could be enough - as it is now, without eagle eyes on the matter, we can only notice CA variation when we order Blow ballast and nothing more...this is the true problem...