View Single Post
Old 10-13-10, 03:07 PM   #302
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi h.sie,

here are some notes about diving procedures,...

http://www.uboatarchive.net/KTBNotesDiving.htm

I am a bit sceptical about your plan. If I understand it correctly, the main amount of compressed air was used when fully surfacing (modeled in SH3) and after ordering a crash dive (when the Untertriebszelle had to be emptied again). During diving the boat was always trimmed with a bit positive buoyancy (in order to keep this state you had to use compressed air when going deeper!). Some of these small changes could also be made by using pumps,... without compressed air. So, I don't know how you want to choose dCA. My feeling is that dCA was very small.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: I am wondering whether the Untertriebszelle (Quick diving tank) is simulated in SH3. My feeling is that yes and it is emptied in SH3 only when the boat is leveled out after a crash dive (it does not use compressed air, I think Edit: WRONG. It does!). If you interupt the sequence it is not emptied --> crash dive blues. I guess this is a true bug. So, it might be a good idea to reduce the CA whenever crash dive is ordered (and fix the crash dive blues ).

Last edited by LGN1; 10-14-10 at 03:40 PM.
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote