View Single Post
Old 09-28-10, 03:56 AM   #230
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@Hitman:

In the next days, I could provide a Batch Script which automatically does all necessary steps described in the tutorial of the 1st post: It will at first test if checksum of sh3.exe is okay. If so, it will make a backup of sh3.exe and finally apply the patch.
But a comfortable Graphical user interface to individually switch some of my modifications on/off (and to change some of the numerical parameters) will take more time than the modding itself. Maybe I release one at the end when my modding is finished (in 2015 ). Additionally: That does not make sense ATM, because data positions and Hex-addresses change from version to version.

But: Why should one switch off these additions??

If one really wants to switch off one of my modifications, this has to be done directly by Hex-Editing some bytes in the exe. It's not hard to do. You just have to search a certain Hex-Address and change its byte value from FF to 00. That's all. I'll publish a description in the next days/weeks when next patch V15C is finished and I also offer to help non-skilled people with that.

@verte:

Nice to hear that you came back to SH3. If the text (critical and so on) appears but not the time estimation, then you probably edited the de_menu.txt or en_menu.txt. What GUI do you use? ACM-h.sie's Edition?
If so, just remove the LLRT+SRM or LRT+SRM addon. they are obsolete now. After that, the repair time estimations in hours (2:00 and so on) should appear.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 09-28-10 at 07:27 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote