View Single Post
Old 09-16-10, 08:28 AM   #146
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@Rubini: Could you please explain more in detail what is the problem with the odd CO2 routine. I never discoverd any problem with CO2 since I never played seriously. So, before programming, I have to become familiar in detail with that problem/bug.
The link that LGN1 provided can give you a good idea about the problem.
I guess that the stock game compressed air usage is one of the major drawnback to use Sh3 as a real simulator. It's hardcoded, not possible to mod by common files of the game. Probably your mod will the unique hope here and perhaps doable as it is just one variable, just one aspect of the game.

The idea is to consume the compressed air a bit every time the boat surface or go up a bit from the depth. If we achieve it, then the use of the compressed air will open a new tactical level for Sh3, you will need to take it in mind to make maneuvers, etc. Just as a real Kaleum.

If the hunt of a hook to consume it every time you go up (by hitting S or change the depth up using the dials) shows itself impossible or very difficult to implement then could be better than nothing just to consume the compressed air a bit every time you dive. It's a good compromisse IMHO.