View Single Post
Old 09-07-10, 08:56 PM   #5
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

Sorry you are having so much trouble, but a quick look at these forums should assure you that this game has been "troubled" from the very beginning. The Silent Hunter community (and that includes you) has a right to be pissed off at the quantity of literally game-breaking bugs, errors, and inaccuracies that this game was released with. Most of these have been either corrected or mitigated by mods or the patches. There remain some deficiencies. For instance, although patched to 1.2 with mods (like the U-boat Historical Specifications 1.4 mod which I use) it is possible now to make a Decks Awash attack (crew remains on deck, hatch remains open so you can get below, diesel engines now remain operational) it's not perfect. At decks awash, I cannot use my binoculars, and if I go below, the hatch closes behind me and without teleport (no teleport in Reaper's mod) I cannot get back to the TBT station.
The sloppiness of some things is damn near unforgivable. To give a submarine gamer a stadimeter that does not work out of the box is tantamount to ripping him off, taking money for a product that cannot deliver as advertised. Ship recog manual innacuracies--removing neutral countries from having any relevance to gameplay...I could go on.
But, for all it's warts, the game has something going for it, or else I wouldn't be playing it.
Without the work of people like Darkwraith and Reaper I would long ago have forgotten this game exists.

Correction: The actual latest patch version is 1.2, not 2.0. Sorry.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote