View Single Post
Old 09-04-10, 10:55 AM   #1
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Airfix 1/72 Churchill MkVII [EDIT + Pics]

[EDIT]

Edited this post as I no longer need any names, thought I might as well use it again for the pics

Picked up one of the old(ish) Airfix 1/72 Churchill MkVII kits from my local model railway shop (go figure) as I fancied something to put together. Had a bit of a break from modelling recently but I had a sudden overwhelming urge to go finish off a Eurofighter I've had hanging around for months yesterday.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Christ those wheels are a bastard to put together :p

Really pleased with that tarp on the back. I wasn't sure it'd work, it's just a couple of blu-tac blobs moulded into boxes with a piece of paper towel soaked in Games Workshop's Devlan Mud Wash draped over The aerials are just wire.

On a side note, I'm thinking about getting some sort of 1/35 vehicle kit this week as a final little something to do before I go to uni, anyone got any suggestions? I've done Shermans, Tigers, Stugs, Jeeps and CCKWs before so I'm after something a little different. I'm also fancying getting a detailing set for whatever it is I decide on, if I can anyway. So yeah any suggestions are welcome

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.

Last edited by ajrimmer42; 09-05-10 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Previous post no longer desired, edited and added pics
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote