View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 04:50 PM   #9
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Whoa there Gorshkov, whence all this vitriol? I thought we ought to be celebrating small developers aiming for such detailed and broad-based games. And indeed all the previews so far have been super-promising. More than anything, it looks like a fantastic tool for users to make and share any sort of missions, real or fictional, that they can dream up.

As for the developments, honestly, if you can conceptualize and "photoshop" such a consistent set of features, then you're already about 2/3 of the way to having them in a game. It's not THAT difficult to translate a feature into code when you know exactly what you want it to do - that's what competent programmers do. Then comes the hard part, testing to make sure they actually work as intended and fit into the rest of the game, and I can definitely say I appreciate that the Red Pill is taking the long road with that. I'm not surprised they sought out the community's support in the decision to take that long road, and frankly a forum about niche game where 50 people are active and willing to vote is a pretty significant number by internet standards.

Anyway, there goes my unsolicited defense. Back to lurking about every time a new update of this surfaces

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote