View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 07:53 AM   #838
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamemnon View Post

If these following features can be implemented, I would like to suggest them too:

1) It would be realistic if the player was also sometimes attacked by a hostile submarine.

It might be fun, but it would not be realistic. There will be enemy subs on the surface that will fire there deckguns at you, and submerged subs that you can "try" to sink but neither one shoots torpedoes.

2) Another interesting feature could be if you could rescue hostiles from the sea

I do not think that can be done in the game, and it would also not be realistic. The captain would not put his sub in danger from enemy attack to stay surfaced to rescue the enemy.

4) At the end of campaign, the player could choose whether to surrender to Americans or refuse to accept the terrible disgrace of surrendering to enemies and rather sail to some faraway, neutral land (especially Argentina under Peron was symphatetic to some Axis personnel after WW2 and the player probably heard about this as a "well kept secret" told by some crew member of one of those monsoon uboats who happens to be a member of nazi party). Many of the Japanese Naval Infantry defending the islands, committed suicide rather than to surrender to the victorious boys of U.S. Marine Corps. Fleeing to another country could be an alternative especially to an atrocite committer.

I do not know any way to change the ending to do what you suggest, the game just ends with a message. The message could be changed but I do not know if there is any way to MOD a choice for the ending.

5) The campaign could start from the Second Sino-Japanese War (to get pre-WW2 experience for you and your crew) but it would not include many patrols as I think it did not take long for IJN to completely eliminate Chinese fleet.

With the limited time I have to work on this Campaign, and having to learn as I go, I don't have time right now for this. Maybe in a later release if the Campaign works out ok.
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote