View Single Post
Old 08-09-10, 08:19 PM   #3809
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0
Default Help me.

Hey guys. I've just recently got the new TDW UI and I think it's really matured, gone from a great mod to a nearly perfect one. I am having a problem though, and I hope someone can set me straight.

I was thrilled to find that TDW added the RAOBF to the mod--it was the thing I missed the most having come to rely on it so in SH3. However, I am having trouble getting it to work. The problem might be a lack of understanding on my part, but I doubt it. I have a series of three screenshots to illustrate my difficulties.

First, here are my enabled mods:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

MoraleMod
RealSizeMoon
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
Electric torp wake removal - wamphyri
Detailed Caustics 1.0
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Capthelms Lighting Effects mod for sh5
AilSmoke 1.7
AilBubbles 1.0 Micro
AilClouds 3.0
AilDeckwave 1.0
AilRain 1.0
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
Capthelms Remove Mouse Crosshair Mod For SH5
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.1
Accurate German Flags
R7 HiRes Mithrandirs Alt Clock
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_ColoredShippingChart_by_reaper7
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface
MRP 1.3+OPCF light
MRP 8x5 patch

Now. This first screenshot shows a C2-S-B1 Large Merchant which I have placed as close to 1500 m distant from me as the mission editor will allow. I was trying to recreate the exact conditions that TDW used in his tutorial on how to use the RA0BF--somewhere in this thread. In the picture you can see that the RAOBF finder is working, the graticules are correct. RAOBF gives me correct range (1500m) and AOB (90deg) for this target.

So far so good. In the next picture, I have placed another identical Merchant again at 1500 m, but this time I have canted it to 45 degs, and suddenly I can't read the RAOBF:

The 8 is on the wrong side. It looks like if it were on the reverse side, the angle might be close, but as it is, I have no degrees to determine AOB.

The final picture is another more extreme example of the above. This time I placed another identical Merchant at very close to 1500 meters but placed it facing me turned at a 20 deg angle. AOB should be 20 deg. The following is what I get:

Again, it looks like if the dial were reversed--if the 4 were on the other side in the same relative position, then the reading would be 20. But as it is, I don't have a tool with which to verify that, and attempting to do such geometric gymnastics in game would be tedious and frustrating in the extreme and shouldn't be necessary in a sane universe. The RAOBF is supposed to make things more immersive and to simplify AOB calculations.

So. What is wrong with this picture? Is it something I am doing wrong? I honestly don't think so. I have been over the prescribed procedure numerous times for hours on end. I know how to use it, which scales to take readings from, etc.

Help?
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote