View Single Post
Old 08-09-10, 05:03 PM   #3807
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTurtle View Post
Thank you, could find some threads and fix it directly in the SpecialAbilities file located in \silent hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData

Code:
;TORPEDOMAN - Passive abilities
[SpecialAbility 15]
ID=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage
NameDisplayable=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Name
Description=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description
Levels= 5
AbilityType=TorpedoSpeed, TorpedoDamage    ;increase in torpedo speed and damage (in percents)
AbilityValue= 0, 4, 0, 8, 0, 12, 0, 16, 0, 20
Going to test now, but it should be working I hope !

I like the abilities in this game, nice feature to make patrols more interesting... I see the values in the files, there are good improvements for the submarine. So you come back from a patrol and says "hmmm I really need a better gunner for the deck gun ! last time this merchant nearly started to shoot at us and this damn clumsy gunner was just messing everything up !" then ask you chief for some promotions, train your personnel and grow up the hunter team.
Yes that should do the trick. You'll gain the damage percentage but not the speed.
Which will keep the TDC happy pumping out correct solutions .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote