View Single Post
Old 08-09-10, 12:19 PM   #78
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Hansen View Post
well, the OBS is somewhat supplemental to me whereas the attack scope ist the real thing. Also it is easier to spot for the enemy...

Actually I need everything you see on my scrot from HRI (+ the TAI-map) when it comes to battle.

- I cannot switch off the left part of the TDC as it holds the torpedo-speed switch (and there is no shortcut for using that as far as I know).
- I need the panel with the tube-switches obviously, although some functions have shortcuts.
- I need the right part of the TDC of course for depth, spreadangle etc..
- I can't switch off ERM/XO-dialogue for obvious reasons.
- I need dials for speed, course and depth.
- I cannot set aside the officers/command-panel either.
- I still have no space for the clock, let alone the wiz-wheel.
- I still can't see the periscope-indicator as it is covered already.

When the going gets rough I am busy with organizing the attack, plotting, metering, steering the boat. I don't want to be busy with pushing the UI around.

See, I do not propose a complete redesign, just tweaking the UI-elements a bit size-wise - and a larger scope
Hi Hanns, unfortunatly I took the decission from the start to make this UI Hidef 1080P as that is what I intend to kit my PC's out in and what my LCD TV uses.
This meant I went about modding the Interface in a different method than any other UI's use. All my Graphics are set at non-scalling so I get a 1:1 scale ratio, by doing so I lose no definition in the graphics.
Whereas SH4/5 use different methods af scaling to size up to different resolutions. Therefore at the larger resolutions you start to get fuzzy graphics etc.

Unfortunatly to do what your asking, would take a complete rework of the entier Interface, which at this stage I'm not prepared to do.
But I have no problem with you redoing the Interface if you so wish to do so.
I created this originaly for my self but made it a community mod, and have no problem with you reworking it to suit yourself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriga View Post
I've played this MOD just a couple of hours, but I have two (noob) problems:

1) I'm able to ask the periscop depth to my Xo, but how can I surface the boot????

2) where can I find the fuel, the oxigen and the CO2 level?

Tnx in advance for your answers

mauriga
Hi mauriga, the easy method to surface is to use the dapth gauge to click on 0-5m to surface the boat.
The Depth dial is brought up on screen by pressing the Icon at the bottom centre of the screen (Its the one with pic of 3 dials and a navigation wheel).
This will bring up the Navigation controls - also iy you click under the dial on the brass support it switches the dial to its percision mode.

As for the fuel, the oxygen and the CO2 levels - I've totally forgotten to put them back in since redoing the officer orders .
I will look at getting them back in for next release .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote