View Single Post
Old 07-21-10, 05:15 PM   #320
Seminole
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0

....probably just as well that I did not see your response first ....'cause I took the plunge already.

My experience...wiped out my current career...but no big deal. ...it was mid patrol...and refused to reload from the save.

So...I started another career and played 1st Flot. out of Kiel in '39.

No problems at all. I sank one 9000 heavy freighter from GWX and a 4700 MO2X from MFM. (even after accidentily wasting one torp..) So both ship types are in play and working.

I noticed no files were overwriiten as JSGME placed them into play so I would have to say that the mod could easily be removed with no lasting changes.

For me the mod is worth the risk of a try. Not only for the ships but the fact that now many "neutrals" are up to shenanigans and need to be ferreted out. I didn't like that much with 1.4b with colored icons. But with GWX all grey icons it ads a big new demension in the game. Especially the early war. Someone mentioned that to me. They were right.

Final verdict...If my saved game reloads(and I have no reason to believe it won't) then I will be more than happy with MFM and GWX together.

Yes ...Steve...all the folders for the ships are in the SEA Folder.....and JSGME puts the current skins into the Main SHIII Folder. It did this for 1.4b and GWX versions. I thought that was the way it was supposed to work. Is it not? I never had any crashes with MFM so I just figured this was the way it worked.