View Single Post
Old 07-11-10, 02:54 AM   #1053
Drakken72
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob117 View Post
but I find this hard to believe, how can this torp land rite on top of an enemy postion and accquire nothing? 2 instances this happened one was in a multiplayer match and the opposing player even said that in the replay they landed rite on top of him and didnt accquire. I am going to do more testing alone in the map editor but any comments or advice would be highly appreciated
Hi Bob,
hi all, im a player of betasom groups, I confirm your impressions about SILEX torpedos, and other "russian torpedos" , in MOD RA Final release.
in our weekly games we have noticed as in the last version of the mod all the torpedos (except MK48) have a cone of acquisition that doesn't allow to strike any objective. (UGST - Test - SILEX (with UGMT-1 TORP) - Stallion (with AP-3) they don't work, and in comparison to the mk-48s there is a great difference that engraves on the GAME-PLAY OF DW.

This is the report of last our game:
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Sea State: 2 - Bottom type: Mud - Weather: Overcast - SSP Type: Bottom Limited - Ice Coverage: 92%

TABLE N.1 HRS 13.00.08 zulu (show TRUTH)

TABLE N.2 HRS 13.00.10 zulu (without show TRUTH)

As the TMA can be seen it was very precise, rather it set us the nearest sub... therefore my torpedos are activated well before..

TAVOLA N.3 HRS 13.00.33 zulu (show TRUTH)

Test of the happened activation is the progress to zig-zag of the torpedos... (series TEST-71)

TABLE N.4 ORE 13.00.51 zulu (show TRUTH)

Attention, the two torpedos (here in evidence the first one to the left) they find under the 200 yards of distance...) the first one doesn't hook a Long target more than 100 meters..

TABLE N.5 ORE 13.00.51 zulu (show TRUTH)

the second draws near to almost 100 yards but also this doesn't see the target...
it seems that the cone of more acquisition draws near to the more target is inefficient...
in fact to the maximum distance of acquisition, the torpedo hooks the target, (you see table n° 1) but reached few yards, the torpedo (cause the values of angles reduced of acquisition, and also doctrines) loses the contact... (you see table n° 3)

Any comments or advice would be highly appreciated
Drakken72 is offline   Reply With Quote