View Single Post
Old 07-06-10, 02:47 PM   #35
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Making a good (means realistic!) modern submarine simulation is an unfriendly task! Let's take a look at DW mods: I improved only one small aspect of entire stuff i.e. PSL levels of submarines to be able to achieve something what is close to early XXI century's reality. After doing that many mad as a cut snake Russkie fanboys, US fanboys and DW fanboys at large appeared questioning my work. I fully understand them all:

- I understand that Russkies still cannot agree with sad truth Russia is not a superpower any longer but only Third World backward country which desperately needs foreign help to remain afloat. I know this is all in a huge contrast to already reestablished comic Red Square Parades, funny military maneuvers in Venezuela and other fancy BS which are served by cunning Kremlin-boys to the Russkie public. Well, what else can they do? They cannot simply say the poor truth about Russkie military downfall to the nation in Moscow TV...

- I also understand US fanboys who cannot take into consideration China is making a huge progress in naval technology and warfare outrunning old America's rival - now flat Russia. Yet they should understand in two decades US will face another Yellow Gorshkov.

- I also fully understand DW fanboys because they need some fictionally upgraded Russkie stuff being still present in the game to save some game balance like winnable fight: Akula II versus Seawolf. Nope, buddies - this is not real!

However no fantasy modding can change present reality and I am interested only in real life simulations. That is why I am modding mods to my personal realistic taste!

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-06-10 at 07:53 PM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote