View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 05:23 AM   #15
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post

One may like or not Karamazov's targeting system mod (similar to OLC GUI) included in OMEGU but it is impossible to disable it without disabling entire OMEGU mod.
Yes it is, just copy the entire [G26], [G28] and [G2B] pages from the original menu1024_768.ini file and copy over the dials.cfg file. The extra images won't be used and I haven't touched anything in the original image files. Actually, I knew people might have problems so at first I only made the Attack Periscope. Hitman did the rest, if I recall correctly. Anyway I haven't even tried that version, being stuck at the end (not even the middle) of nowhere with a laptop with a 32MB integrated graphics card for months now

As for the GWX-SH4 issue. I'm relatively new here so I've missed the circus although I keep hearing rumors and references about the Big War. I think that GWX4 for SH4 is completely unnecessary at this point. OM is pushing the limits of what can be done with the SH4 engine without breaking codes. The only thing to add would be some more eye-candy. Both SH3 and SH4 have reached the limit of what can (or should) be done to them. They're perfectly playable as they are. SH5 isn't and it reaaaaaly needs a good supermod. In the meantime I'll keep playing OM (sh3 is just too buggy for me).

Although I haven't played SH5 for months (because I can't), I keep an eye on TDK's progress with scripting. Guys... think about it... Saving and loading new variables in custom files? HOLY F_CK!!!! If only we had this for SH4 too