View Single Post
Old 06-19-10, 02:07 PM   #158
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Just because im a glutton for punishment, what do you suppose would happen if i reduced the hydrophone noise factor in the sim.cfg file from 1.3 to say, 0.75 or even 0.5? Maybe reduce the wave factor by that much as well?

I'm just curious since your familiar with how the AI is scripted.
Hmmm, interesting question. You'd certainly find that it was harder to evade in a storm than it was previously.

The hydrophone noise factor - that's the one that affects their passive sonar with respect to their own speed? If it is that, then I don't think that would have much impact. It would perhaps give them a slight edge over what they have now. There's a couple of scenarios I can see it making a small tactical difference, but they would be rare. If you're feeling adventurous, try it and see .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I do love this mod, and couldn't play SH5 without out.
It's like food, it always tastes better if someone else cooked it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I concur. Is there gonna be another update Nisgeis?
Soon (TM). I have some bits and bobs to finish up on the 3D TDC and 40k yard radar range mod that I just put out for SH4, which took ages. I've got a few plans I'd like to put in though. Unfortunately star shells don't illuminate the area, just like they didn't in SH4, so I'm not so sure about them.