View Single Post
Old 06-16-10, 02:16 PM   #24
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
Probably the most complex and innovative mod ever! It would be alot easier to make a TDC with programming code, yet we can't (and they could), but then Nisgeis comes along, throws a crap load of parent/child relationships and controller abuse in the mix and voila!

Well done Nisgeis! I know this wasn't an easy project, so kudos for persisting!
Thanks! Most of it was a few instances of very lateral thinking, followed by tediously setting it all up. The hundreds dial on the range counter has 400 dial controllers attached to it, to get it to tick over every 100 yards - each set up by hand . I thought I'd broken S3D at one point, as I got to 250 nested IDs and it wouldn't display any more - luckily it was still working, it had just reset the indent and had started again at the left hand side. I even got the warning about having too many nodes . None of it would have been possible without the amazing S3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Are you sure they looked like that in wartime? I suspect that this is the current degradated status of the luminiscent paint used for printing them on the dials, as they look today in museum ships. But not how they looked like in wartime
On the pics I have seen the inner dials are differently coloured to the outer - I'd assume if they were yellowing extremely badly, that they'd all be the same colour. Luminous paint doesn't yellow that much (at least not in aircraft dials), so I assume they must have been that colour (allowing for slight yellowing) when they were new.