View Single Post
Old 06-13-10, 02:48 PM   #4
Dutch
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Jesus, I've found the only tutorials I could find and they are both way over my head.

One is a video where it suggest to do I zig zag motion but just in text no words. Plus it doesn't mention whether I should zig towards or away from the target.

Second one TopTorp's TMA Guide. It was talking about LOS(Line of Sight?) but it doesn't say how to "build" these things in the game it just uses abstract graphs I guessing to help someone who already has a basic idea of how to do this. Plus from reading the guide it sounds like this guy served on a nuke so it just goes to serve that all the terminology that he uses is over my head. I guess what I mean is had he included in game shots of what would appear if this was happening I would understand it more.

Regardless I tried both "ideas" and both failed completely. It doesn't matter how close I get the lines and dots lined up as soon as the new bearing pops up it is not even close, and I can't even get it close (IE the lines just will not match up.....period.....) This is incredibly frustrating especially since this part of the community is a skeleton crew.

I appreciate the reply Convoy Hunter, but you need to input a great bit more amount of detail than that for me to understand it. I can get the speed but when I put it into TMA and try to move the bar around it doesn't get close at all. I can have like the first 3 bearings right on the money, then a fourth one will come out and BAM! Its 1, not even close and 2, impossible for me to even move the line anywhere near it given the first three lines and the speed of the target.

What in God's name am I doing wrong? I play 688(I) back in the day, of course I was a kid and didn't hardly understand any of it (plus I had crew on and truth). I want to learn how to really play this game (I've learned manual targeting for SHIII-IV there is no way this is more difficult to learn. Just different equipment.) Someone please help me!