View Single Post
Old 04-23-10, 02:40 PM   #85
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I'm just wondering because I'm having CTD issues in TC while using mod combos that have worked fine on a previous career, and the only thing I did was to make mod changes in between patrols, but always changing to something I've already tried that worked fine before. This is maybe the 3rd or 4th career I've started where everything is fine for one or two patrols, and then in between patrols I change something I used just for that patrol, and go back to a combo that worked fine the patrol before, but suddenly on the next patrol I start getting CTDs if I try to go above a certain TC.

When everything's working I might get a bit of a temporary lag if I go as high as 512 or 1024, but after a second or two it will start going again and everything's fine. And I don't go that high very often anyway, so it's no biggie not to do it if I'm worried about the game crashing.

Then I'll finish the patrol, and maybe change my mod combo a bit - but not to anything that hasn't worked perfectly fine in previous patrols - and when I start my next patrol, suddenly I'm getting CTD in TC, even as low as 128 TC which is my usual "just cruising around" setting.

I don't know if it's a corrupted save issue or mod changes or what - but the pattern keeps repeating and it's really getting frustrating. I just wasn't sure if how I was going about enabling/disabling things was part or all of the problem.
Are you using the fm_interiors mod, by chance? I had problems with occational CTDs happening to me and once I disabled that one , I've not experienced another one (been at least a month). I only have 2 gigs of ram and 256 meg of video ram, which is what I'm guessing my particular issue with that mod is. Just an idea, if you're running out of trys.