View Single Post
Old 04-16-10, 03:12 AM   #841
BlueMind
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

I tried the Kursk Mission with more time...

The FPS raise down between 4.2 and 4.8 and sometimes it can reach 7-8 FPS but rarely.
I drove a long time, compared with the other missions, and sometimes, I stopped my Tiger to fire from a very long range without success (between 2-3 km). With this low FPS, it's hard to aim correctly and often, I can't see the impact. So, I can't correct the sight (I always have the problem with the half distance in the sight with the PzGr39-1).
I tried to fire more closest (between 1-1.5 km) but with the sight's bug, I need to correct manually: if enemies are at 1.1 km, I must select 500 meters and aim a little up the target... not really accurate.

After some unsuccess shoots, my tracks was blow up by the arty. Maybe this mission will be more playable with my next processor and graphic card (IMO, 10 FPS is a minimum to play correctly).

I played another time the german mission nr.1: this damned tanks move a little too much even fire at us and I saw often another Tiger attacking and firing under 50 meters, a real close combat (for a Tiger is a disadvantage because the slow rotation of the turret)... I watched as a spectator and it was really funny
Moreover, the enemy tanks attack in column and was often in a real traffic jam (see picture below).

IMO, it would be more effective if they attack in line, or from different ways but, I know it's not a priority and take your time to do what is really important, like the Kursk Mission... and even the sight problem because I can't aim correctly with this bug. About this, is it normal to have a different sight according with the type of ammo used (PzGr39-1 is longer than SprGr. and the sight need to be different)? Maybe this bug is due to the type of ammo and not the TEX of the sight.
Personnaly, I prefer the sight you made ZeeWolf.
BlueMind is offline   Reply With Quote