View Single Post
Old 04-03-10, 07:18 PM   #8
ddiplock
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Seems I got the hang of the TMA stuff after doing the tutorial a few times, as the guy says in the tutorial the solution doesn't need to be totally perfect, get it generally right enough and the torpedo's own sonar will guide it to the target I even moved the boat around in the training mission and used different array's and made sure the oiler was on a different bearing so that I could at least sink it if my submarine was where I wanted it to be, so that's good.

Was just trying one of the single missions, a Special Forces insertion/collection in the straight of Hormuz. Cruising along at 10 knots, towed array deployed to keep an eye on any contacts, nothing happening, ramp up the time compression to max and then several minutes later.....BOOM, my submarine is sunk....hit an influence mine apparently.

Brilliant.....

Still, enjoying it so far . Don't reckon i'll start the campaign until I've given the single missions a go and at least have SOME idea on what i'm doing....though the Akula's sonar display with the circles....THAT is pure weird, no idea how to use that at all.
ddiplock is offline   Reply With Quote