View Single Post
Old 03-27-10, 08:59 AM   #65
thorn69
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'd like to see a completely reworked subsim that is based on modern day attack subs. A Silent Hunter meets Dangerous Waters with a fully dynamic campaign based on a "What if" chapter in history.

Everybody wants some accurate portrayal of a historic war for some reason. To me, it's a bit boring, because I know as a German U-boat Captain, I'm a loser regardless. Give us an untold story to live out based on a "what if" scenario where the tides of the war can go either way. I don't believe one sub and its captain are going to win the war single handed, but mission success in the game could be covered with some form of overall success for the entire military based on your success. Regardless, I'd like to see multiple nations represented in the game and all the hardware they've got brought to the table, because the most fun about these types of games to me is exploring something totally new.

Off topic:

BTW, I'm having an absolute blast playing Just Cause 2 on the PC right now for those of you wondering about it. It's so much better than the first version! It's one of the best sandbox free-roam games I've ever played. The graphics and sounds are top notch and the island to explore is freakin HUGE! The game is very stable as well. Just shows that "it IS possible" for devs and software companies to produce something better than they produced before! Take notes from them UBI!